Sunday, August 28, 2011

Space Core in the Builds

Well, finally! Today, I really started on my Space Core Prop for my costume for Dragon Con. So far, it is looking pretty good. The only thing I forgot to take a picture of is the Space Core with it's newspaper covering. I am using paper mâché for his outer shell. Though, instead of water and glue, I used Wallpaper Adhesive. So, the covering should be quite durable. For now, take a look at the Space Core all carved out.

Not the best picture in the world, I have to say. My camera phone sucks XD. I am also using an LED light for the eye of Space Core. I got like 3 LED Lights in a package for 3 bucks at walmart, so it was an awesome deal XD. And it works out pretty great. For the design on the light though, I created the Space core Eye Design on Photoshop, which you can see in my earlier posts. I printed it on clear sticker paper, which I also got at walmart.
Here is the picture of the LED Light on it's own with the sticker. It looks  a bit wrinkled though >-<. I might go back and fix that. Right after I got it all set up, my mom came around and said I should have put slits in the paper, so it will wrap around the light nicer. She could have told me this Earlier, lol.



Here is the LED Light Again, but this time later in the Day. I got an idea that since my Space core is too small to put any PVC pipe or anything in it, I will just have to manually hold it. So I found some stuff around the house. 2 colorful sparkly sticks I found in the kitchen cabinet. There was a whole package, but I have no idea where they even came from, lol. It has been so long since we got them, and they were just sitting there unused. Also, to hold it a bit in place,is a clear small toothpick fork like thing I also found in the cabinet with the sparkly sticks. I have no idea where they came from either XD. It is all held together with Scotch tape which can probably be found easily walmart, or staples, or somewhere like that. Not really professional, but hey, it works. The little thing I made makes the eye move so much easier because it grips nicely in my hand, so I have a lot of control over it.
Though I do not have a picture of it inside the Space Core Yet. The wallpaper adhesive is still drying.






No comments:

Post a Comment